Tuesday, February 23, 2010

DIY: Fast and Furious

I only have limited time at work to prepare lunch so I like to have a few quick recipes memorized. These require minimal prep time and very few ingredients. On top of that they don't require you to sacrifice flavor.












The speediest of them all is probably this chicken parm I saw Jamie Oliver make on Mark Bittman's The Minimalist (YouTube "the minimalist"). I made it for lunch today...the student's were jealous :)


Lightning Fast Chicken Parm

Chicken Breast Fillet
Pepper
Thyme
Prosciutto (or very thin ham)
Grated Parmesan
Olive Oil

1. Season the fillet with pepper and thyme.
2.
Cover seasoned meat with cling wrap and flatten to help cook evenly.
3. Grate fresh parmesan over the meat
4. Layer prosciutto or ham on top
5. Get a pan nice and hot with olive oil
6. Cook
7. Drizzle with some balsamic vinegar


You'll know when to flip by observing the color change from pink to white. I usually wait untill it is 2/3 of the way up. I didn't follow Jamie's instructions to a "T". Like adding lemon zest. Who cares about zest when you've got 45 minutes! Prosciutto is impossible to find in Korea so I subbed that with really thin ham. Oh, and just threw in some baby tomatoes in the oil after I took the chicken out. Tomatoes taste amazing fresh so I don't do much to them.

1 comment: